If you’ve had a relationship with someone and the time has come to separate, it’s natural to be filled with a mixture of emotions – including anger, sadness, disappointment, resentment, jealousy, and other strong negative emotions.
You may even be feeling as though the person you loved has completely betrayed your trust and taken you for granted. Regardless of how you feel, you can learn how to move on from someone u love.
- Focus On Yourself: You must take time to really assess your own self-worth. What do you have to offer someone else? Are you a good match for them intellectually, socially, spiritually, physically, emotionally, or romantically? Once you determine your “what,” figure out what you “have” to offer them. From this point forward, you’ll want to focus on adding value to your life by increasing your self-worth and enhancing your skills, talents, and passions.
- Make Time To Build A Better Relationship: When your love life is healthy, it’s a lot easier to add quality to your life. You’ll likely feel less stressed, less frustrated, and have more time to spend with friends and family. When moving from a romantic relationship to a more supportive and long-lasting one, it’s important to give yourself some space to breathe and let things settle a bit. You’ll also need to decide how much time you’ll have to devote to your new partner, so you can plan accordingly.
- Move On: As mentioned above, if you’re feeling like your heart has been torn apart, it’s important to determine how to move on from someone u love. If your partner has hurt you in some way or other, the best thing you can do is find the strength to forgive them. Although forgiveness may be difficult to do at first, it will ultimately lead to healing will occur. Forgiveness can remove old hurts and build a better foundation for a relationship.
- Focus On Yourself: Moving on from someone you love can be very challenging, but it’s important to focus on yourself for the most part. During this time, it’s important to evaluate where you are currently in your life. If you’re still living for your ex, you’ll need to take some time to determine whether you can live without him or her.
- Get A New Perspective: It’s natural to look back fondly on the relationship, but it’s also important to look at it from a different perspective. Now that you’re in the midst of your own turmoil, is it possible that your ex got to you first? While some relationships are easy to move on from because the couple just gets along, others require a lot more attention. If you realize that you’ve wasted a lot of time and energy on your ex, you may be ready to move on. But, if you don’t, you have to decide how much time and energy you want to invest in the future.
- Set goals: After you have explored all avenues to answer the question, “How to move on from someone u love,” it’s time to set some goals. Do you want to date someone new? Do you want to go back to school? You should set clear goals for yourself so that you can ensure that you stay on track. Whether the goal is related to finances or a hobby that you’ve long been interested in, now’s the time to set some goals that will help you get what you need.
- Realize that you do not have to move on from someone u love immediately: If you find yourself emotionally upset, that’s a very good sign that you’ve put too much effort into the relationship. Everyone struggles with breaking up and moving on from something they once loved deeply. If you feel this way, you’re probably going to need a little time to let things sink in. Don’t push it to the point where you’re too upset and angry; that’s how to move on from someone u love.